2021 USDP "Peace, Love, Starz Tour" Event Schedule
*** COMPETITION OPERATIONS/LINE-UP…
While this is definitely not the way we would normally run an event, we feel this will be the best way to do everything.
* “Small Sessions”… 1-4 studio sessions AND if location allows… Solo, Duo/Duet, and Trio sessions. Each “Session” is based on the number of studios and/or routines per session which will be based on the number of entries we receive for each location. Once we know how we will be able to run each location, we will reach out to you to see how your studio would like to participate in the “Sessions” and will proceed with organizing the event accordingly. Due to varying gathering guidelines, schedules and final event details will be sent out to studios approximately one week prior to each event...earlier if at all possible! Thank you so much for your patience in receiving these schedules as we are working very hard to make each event comfy and safe!
* Spectators... Sadly we will have to limit number of those coming with each dancer to keep numbers within gathering guidelines. The exact number will depend on each facility’s guidelines at the time of the event and will be shared as soon as available to us!
* Masks... USDP policy will require masks to be warn by all event participants while in the event facility at each location. Masks WILL NOT be required for dancers on stage during their performances, UNLESS required by the facility. If dancer(s) prefer to wear a mask during their performances, that is totally ok as we want all dancers to be comfy while performing. Dancers are allowed to have contact with each other during their routines pending comfort level agreed upon between teacher, dancers, and guardians. PLEASE NOTE!... points WILL NOT be taken off for masks being worn OR for dancers not having contact during their routines as we want ALL dancers to be comfy on stage when showing off all their hard work all while most of all having TONS of FUN!!!
* Routines will compete like normal at a scheduled time, be scored like normal, videoed like normal, and pictures taken like normal. Each routine will also receive their adjudicated rating/trophy/award during their scheduled session. Special and Over-All awards will also be given pending type of session.
* Once your session is over, dancers/attendees will leave promptly and the studio(s)/dancers performing in the next session will come in and have their time on stage. Please do this quickly so to help us stay on schedule!
* A “Special Virtual Awards Ceremony” will then be scheduled if at all possible during the following week to announce additional awards or those awards will be posted here on our website and/or our USDP Facebook page.